Thursday, July 3, 2008

Engagement Day!

Today is July 3rd, and it actually happens to be the day Josh proposed to me. This day always holds a special place in my heart because it was actually more life changing than my wedding day. Sure, the wedding day was special and it was also life changing. However, if you think about it, the day you actually get engaged is more. It is the day where your life suddenly becomes two instead of one. It is a funny change where you have to start thinking of both people's needs instead of just your own. Of course while you are dating you still are cognizant of the other person, but this is on a new level.

Josh proposed to me in the afternoon after a long in depth conversation. It wasn't planned (which is actually more special to me because I saw him at the time where he made the decision and what his face looked like, not after the fact) and it came out as more of a 'what do you think' sort of thing instead of a question :). I asked him "What do you mean by what do you think?" He said "Well, what about if we got married?" I said, "What are you saying?" He said "What do you want it to mean?" I told him "I know what I want it to mean, but I want to know what you want it to mean :)" He then said, "I wanted to know if you wanted to be my wife." I said, "Yes!" Then he said, "Let's go shopping for the ring!" I was pretty happy about that because I never really thought I would go and do something like that. You see, Josh and I were the ones who never thought we would get married. Guess we liked each other some to do away with that :).

We found the ring and he wouldn't let me put it on because he said he hadn't proposed the right way yet. So we went down to Folsom on American Canyon Drive where the big waterfall is. We climbed to the top of it, and then as the fireworks started and lit up the sky, he dropped to one knee and asked me to marry him the proper way :). It was pretty special. So the rest is history, we got married less than 3 months later. Thanks mom for kickin' butt at getting all the flowers, dress, food, tables, drinks, photographer, etc. in that short of time! Pretty amazing! Love you mom.

Tonight to celbrate we are going to see the movie "Hancock". Looks pretty funny. Nice to go out on a date with the hubby.

Toodles!

1 comment:

Court said...

Congrats on a special day Kim. I love this story and it was nice to read today:) You and Josh are an amazing couple and a lot of fun too! Hope you have fun tonight!!!

Blog Archive