Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Green Tangerines


Well, Deb and I had our famous childless dates last week. I always look forward to these. We had a great time. We started out with children and then moved on to without. First stop was Cassie's place for her to wax our eyebrows. We have quite beautiful eyebrows now! Then off to lunch. We took Bears and her little girl to Chili's. Delicious! The girls got along so well that we actually could have grown up talk while they entertained each other! Quite amazing!


Then off to our final destination...Green Tangerines! The mecca of all scrapbooking! I absolutely LOVE it there and was so excited to take Deb there to see it. As I guessed, she was floored by all the cool stuff there and we walked around for a good hour together just looking at everything. After looking around for awhile, we started on our projects. The store has a great workshop in the back that you can use during the day for free. So cool. Deb does great paintings and other cool stuff too. You can check her out at http://www.thepinkpetunia.blogspot.com/.


Deb stopped to get us our usual starbucks fix and it hit me a little hard this time :). I was having major difficulties! Let's see, first I spilled coffee on some of my pictures and then almost broke my new cricut machine! The dumb thing was just not working right. Thank goodness Jenn, my co-owner, came in at that time and helped me along! Luckily it looks like it was the machine doing funny things and not me :). We got it all worked out and all is well now. However, Deb was sitting back laughing because she knows me too well on how machines and math just aren't my forte! Give me a paintbrush or something abstracty and I can help you...give me a mental math problem and forget it!


My dad, who is Mr. Science Brain with his BS in Chemistry and minor in Microbiology got Deb and I through some tough classes in High School. We used to lay in our hammock out in the back yard with our waters and tried to depict what was physics or biology or chemistry. Usually we actually depicted which boys were cute that day at school, but then dad would come out and make us think. Thanks dad, I seriously think we would have failed if it wasn't for you! The picture above is of us in 1992. We were so hot in our ruffle shorts and leggings!
Toodles!

1 comment:

Pink Petunia Designs said...

OMG! Gotta love the early 90's style there, Nim. Our date was so much fun and yes, you were a little hysterical with the Starbucki's. It must be the caffiene. HA HA. Yes, we did ponder a lot of boys,,,,um,,,, I mean Chemistry. LOL.

Blog Archive