Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Stuffing my face!

Well, I have an hour before the next therapist walks through the door and both children are in their respective beds. Hallelujah! Peace! So I decided to update my blog and stuff my face at the same time. Currently I am eating Bubbas leftovers that he didn't eat for lunch. Stouffers lasagna. Ummm. There is something magical about it for me, I think it is the burnt cheese around the corners. Now that I think of it, I am not really sure when the last time was that I took the time to make something that I wanted and the kids didn't :). This is probably why the extra 50 pounds have stayed on me after I had the kids!

Speaking of weight loss, it has now been almost 10 weeks since I have started back up at the gym. I am addicted to spin classes and usually frequent them 3x a week. 2 more weeks to go and I can get myself a new outfit! Yeah! That was my incentive. Now I have a new incentive. I signed up for at the end of this month a spin-a-thon which benefits the American Diabetes Association. Basically the gym is bringing down all the cycles to the parking lot and we spin for 3 hours. This seems a bit daunting, but I have been assured that it is actually a lot of fun. Plus you get a cool t-shirt that said you did it too. Ha! I am pretty excited and nervous at the same time. I just know I am going to be the lumpiest/frumpiest one there! At the gym I go to most of the people dress to the nines for working out and you can usually bounce quarters off their butts. My butt...not so much :)! So I will get past my self consciousness and do something for myself, as well as help a good cause!

Bubbas had music therapy this morning and he did really well. We are working on communication skills. The first step of communication is requesting or mimicking. The music therapist plays the guitar while he sings (thank goodness he is the one who sings or else Bubbas might never cooperate if I had to sing!) when Bubbas stops touching the guitar the music therapist stops. When Bubbas touches it again, the music starts again. It is actually very cool and great for Bubbas. I have seen a great improvement on "requesting" since he has started this. It is quite an amazing feat for him.

Next up this afternoon is PT. Darsie is bringing over the contraption called the creepster crawler for Bubbas to use at the house for a little bit. He just loves this thing...ha! Not really, but it is very good for him. It puts him in a crawling position while supporting him. We are trying to help him understand the concept that if he moves his arms and legs he can move. He hasn't quite gotten that yet, rather he knows if he puts his arms and legs up like superman that that works too :). Silly guy!

Toodles!

2 comments:

Pink Petunia Designs said...

Ha Ha. I do my best stuffing of my face when the kids and the hubby are in bed. It's usually ice cream though. Spin-A-Thon sounds like a blast! Get your calves ready to burn. I am glad Bubbas is doing well in his therapy it sounds like he is really taking to the music! Scout is really missing Bear!

Wendolyn Rose said...

Good for you on the Spin class Kim! That Spin A Thon sounds like fun! I Wish I was camping with you guys!

Blog Archive