Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Yucky!

Well, camping was beautiful. The ocean at Half Moon Bay was like Hawaii (no joke), in the 80's and humid and the water was turquoise. Unfortunately, we brought home with us the stomach flu and it is reeking havoc :(. Josh came down with it Monday morning throwing up and such. So I packed the kids up and out to try to avoid the ucky stuff. Worried about Bubbas with the stomach flu. He usually gets pretty close to hospitalization with colds and not eating with his fast drop in weight. So as you can imagine, a stomach flu tanks up my anxiety level quite a bit.

As Josh and I decided it would be a good thing for me to spend the night at my parent's house so that we could avoid his cooties more, I did. Well, the best laid plans sometimes don't work out. As I put Bear to bed she complained about her tummy hurting. Then, about 2 minutes later the flow started happening. Poor thing. She kept exclaiming "I don't want to throw up anymore." So off to a bath with Nana while I cleaned up all the mess. Needless to say, countless messes later I think Mom and I got about 1.5 hours of sleep. I am actually so glad she was there for us because I really needed her help since Josh was a sick one too. Crossing my fingers little Bubbas hangs in there. So far we are the only ones not phased yet. I am sure I will know in a couple of hours :).

Today is a movie day for Bear and I feel no guilt whatsoever :). Mommy needs some sleepy time! Josh is feeling better today, able to hold down a little breakfast and is back to work. Luckily he gets to sit all day so that is good. So the question comes to mind...which is better...being the sick one and getting to sleep all day, or....being the healthy one and not getting any sleep and cleaning up vomit all night? Not sure on that one :).

Bears is feeling much better today which is good and was able to eat a little bread. She is my little trooper! Keep little Bubbas in your thoughts and prayers if you would. If he does get this that he keeps weight on and no trips to the ER or doctor is necessary for seizures or breathing or dehydration issues. I will be happy when today is over and if he is still well, that would mean he bypassed it. Then, my anxiety level can go down about it all. Way too many trips to the ER that little guy has taken me to, makes you paranoid. But, in my defense, I believe well warranted :).

Toodles!

2 comments:

Court said...

Hope you are all better and Bubas was able to avoid getting it all together!
I like your comparison of which is better being sick and getting sleep or being healthy and not getting sleep to care for others...thought of this as Aaron had a late day and everything around here was crazy with dinner and bath time. Tommy was crying and Tay and I felt like crying ourselves. But then there is the calm after the storm, when everyone's had their bath and tummies are full. I thought is it better to come home and find peace or better to be in the midst of the chaos so that I can really appreciate the peace? Just a thought! Miss you! Hope your day today is a good one!

Unknown said...

Well I guess camping wasn't exactly a blast.... still Dave and I think it will be fun to join you guys on a future adventure (or misadventure)now that Anna seems over the ear thing. And Ive got to say WOW your pictures are awesome, seriously frame worthy. I would put that one with the waves and lighthouse on a wall in my livingroom....if I had one hee hee. Love ya and look forward to another Anna/Bears playdate

Blog Archive