Sunday, April 20, 2008

Still yucky, but somewhat better :)

Well, we still have the run of the stomach bug going through us here. It has been pretty awful! I think about 30 loads of laundry later from soiled sheets and blankets and countless numbers of cans of chicken noodle soup boiled later, I am about sick of it all :)! Bears and Josh are doing well, both eating a normal diet now. Bubbas and I still working our way out of the hole. I have some energy today which I am thankful for and Bubbas ate some applesauce/banana mixture Josh concocted for him with some milk. So far he has eaten much more than me and for that I am very thankful. I think he is going to pull through this wonderfully and I cannot tell you how RELIEVED I am. As I quote his doctor when I told her that the stomach flu was going through us, "Oh, no! (Groan) I don't want to see Bubbas throwing up. That wouldn't be good, no not good." So, I am happy to report that I think he surpassed all our expectations on that one :).

I think Josh is a little housebound, only because he is starting to act weird around the house :). Mainly pace, water plants, do pull ups and generally act in ways that he knows will irritate me :). Ha! I tried to kick him out, but alas, he won't budge. Very sweet he has been that one. He knows I am not ready to fend for myself yet, let alone Bubbanator and Bears. So, I guess I will have to get over his loud singing of Christmas songs all throughout the house. Yes, if you do not know this about Josh, the only time he sings Christmas songs is the months that are NOT December. He wouldn't dare sing them during Christmas because according to him he doesn't like them. Try to figure that one out, I have been for over 8 years now. Not sure I get it. His favorites that he sings are "Silver Bells" and "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire". Crazy guy!

My Best Bud Deb is having a craft show today and I wish her lots of luck! I am so sad I can't be there to support her. She posted her cool business cards on her blog site (ahemmm, ones I made :)) so if you want to check them out and all the nice wonderful things she said about me you can at www.thepinkpetunia.blogspot.com. I love that girl, just makes ya feel good about yourself you know! All of us can use that! If you scroll down a little farther you can read about our date we went on too. She is a great writer and you will be laughing while you read it.

Josh is reading Bear a story from the Beatrix Potter anthology. I haven't read those stories in a VERY long time and let me tell ya, I was quite surprised to read what I did. Did you know that Peter Rabbit's father was put in a rabbit pie by Mr. McGregor? Poor Peter! Then, poor Jemima Puddle-Duck, who was only trying to sit on her eggs because no one back at the farm would let her, got swindled by a fox? Then, a loyal fox hound caught on to what the nasty fox was doing (because of course the fox wanted to eat the eggs) and heroically saved Jemima Puddle-Duck's eggs before the nasty fox could eat them. Unfortunately, however...the loyal fox hound brought two of his fox hound friends with him who rushed onto the scene and quickly gobbled up the eggs anyway! Talk about a sense of disappointment! Poor Jemima Puddle-Duck! Anyway, quite interesting reading if you have the time. Has great vocabulary in it too. I liked the fact it didn't dumb down words. Like to expose Bear to that vocabulary!

Anywho, now I am spent! Toodles!

No comments:

Blog Archive