Sunday, April 27, 2008

Food!!!

He ate! Yes, yes, yes!!!!! Josh has been working miracles with this little guy getting him to eat. He is giving him the more mashed things first and putting it in the front of his mouth so there are no surprises. Then, we give him his milk with the carnation instant breakfast in it. I gotta tell ya, I am so relieved! We are still miles away from where he was at, but I am not complaining because he ate something! You will laugh at how I get fat into this boy. I melt 1 Tablespoon of butter and scramble one egg in that. Then I dump a bunch of shredded cheddar on it while it is still hot. I mash it all together so it is so ooey and gooey. While I was making it I put his hi-low chair next to me so he could watch me cook it. He realized it was for him and starting screaming hysterically because he wanted it so bad. While I was mashing it he was reaching out for it :). He ate it with no problem this time and I am so proud of him!

Another note of being very proud is of my little Bear. She has always had a thing of wanting us to feed her. Let me tell you it has been a challenge getting her to want to feed herself with a spoon. Tonight and the last couple of days she has been eating all by herself with a spoon. I am so proud of her! She is so proud of herself too because she sees how happy it makes Josh and I.

So, all in all, a great weekend. Had some wonderful family time which is always in short supply around here :). Felt like we really came together and got to know each other again. Didn't do much, but I think that was the point. Now I am off to go play a Star Wars game on the XBox with Josh. This makes him ridiculously happy I do this with him :). Pretty funny. However, I do find myself wanting to play sometimes and asking him to play which makes him even happier!

Toodles!

1 comment:

Pink Petunia Designs said...

Yeah for the Coop clan! I am so happy that he ate something, that is wonderful. I am proud of Bears that she is feeding herself. So cool. You go Star Wars Mama. Happy Weekend!

Blog Archive