Saturday, June 14, 2008

Photo class

Today was a good day all around. I started off going to my photo class. When Josh bought me my camera at Ritz camera, it came with free classes. This was a great thing because it really has taught me a lot about shooting manually and using light with flashes and things. I have already taken two classes. They were about what f-stops (apertures), shutter speed and ISO (film speed) are. Also touched on metering systems on the camera so as to not overexpose or underexpose your picture, unless artistically that is what you are going for. Today we talked about lighting and how to use flashes properly, way that light wreaks havoc in your pictures and how to compensate for that. Basically I have really found a few gadgets that I would love to have for taking portraits of my kids and other peoples. Bring your kiddos over so I can experiment with 'em! First I have to buy a couple of things like a 5 in 1 reflector and then when I am really doing well a soft box. Pretty cool stuff that would really take my pictures to the next level. These wouldn't be for everyday point and shoot pictures, but when I had the time to set up the shot and have it static. Oh, would also love to have a new lens that 80-135 for portraits. Unfortunately these are a bit pricey and will probably be on my wish list for quite awhile :).

Anyway, starting to really understand this stuff on paper and now time to put it into action. Yeah, that's the scary part :)! Josh is so excited to talk to me about this stuff now and we are going to go on a camera date where we experiment with all these cool things. I know most of you are thinking, yawn, but it is a good thing for us. For those of you who don't know, Josh is a wonderful photographer. He used to shoot weddings and does nice things with those pictures. He has a good eye, so now I am going to pick his brain for all his tips and tricks. The digital realm in manual mode is still new to him as well as most of his shooting he has done with a medium format film camera. So it will be a learning time for both of us.

On a different note, Bubbas is still scootin' away. Everyday there seems to be an extra little push added onto the previous days. I think he is starting to get the idea that scooting can take him places. Also, little Bear has been doing wonderfully on potty training and I think I can officially say she is Potty trained! Woo Hoo! No more diapers for one of my kiddos! Truly a celebration indeed, for my pocketbook as well :).

Little Bubbas came down with a cold Thursday and today (Saturday) little Bear came down with it. Bubbas is at about 96% oxygen levels, they could be better but I will take 'em. Hopefully he takes the path of not going crazy with this cold and end up at the ER or doctor's office. We will think positively on this one. Pretty funny because I was talking with my friend Meghann on the phone yesterday. She knows all about how Bubbas gets a little crazy with his colds. She starting laughing and said, "Oh man, here we go!" So far he is still able to eat his mashed foods, which is much more than he is usually is able to eat when he gets sick. This gives me some hope. I think as long as this doesn't turn into a sinus infection or pneumonia we will be good to go. Bears I don't even worry about:). She is a toughie when it comes to getting sick. She will be drippy for 2 days and then done. Love it!

Toodles

1 comment:

Liz said...

Hi Kim,

We were thrilled to hear about Dillon and his army crawling. How exciting!
Congratulations to Abbers on potty training. That is a milestone as well. I am glad to hear that everything is going well except for colds. Hope all is well by now.
Also, it is great that you and Josh have a hobby together. I am glad for you.
Take care, Love Liz

Blog Archive